Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love Week 2009 - Day 4

1) I love engrish.com If you ever need a good laugh then I highly suggest you go to this site. Browse around a bit. It is full of "engrish". If you don't know what that is then, once again, visit the site. Just don't hold me accountable for anything you find offensive. I'm assuming we're all mature adults here. Don't like what you see on the site? Read on. Move on. Log off. Whatever. Just don't judge me for my appreciation for this type of humor.


2) I love the way my family treats me on my birthday. I woke up this morning to my mom calling me on the phone and sharing some precious memories of the day I was born. She also sent me a beautifully written e-mail. Then my kids dog-piled me in bed & sang "Happy Birthday". We cuddled in bed, laughed, and made the snap decision to keep them home from school today. Easily justified since it was early day and we're going out of town in 3 days. I received many other phone calls throughout the day from family & treasured friends. Brandon & the kids took me to breakfast. I received a flower delivery from my dad. I blogged with no guilt. I got my hair done. Beau wrote me a letter. I l-o-v-e-d today!!



3) New hair cuts. I love the way I feel when walking out of the salon with a good cut. It's refreshing. I also love it when my husband loves it. It took him a few hours but I think he's gotten used to it. Change is good. And man, was I ready for a change!





This isn't the best picture of my new do. It's not as black as it looks. You can't really see all of the textured, choppy pieces with the dark color and artificial lighting. (& it doesn't help that I'm not wearing make-up, either) But it had the fresh-from-salon look that I can never duplicate. Jenn Riggs @ Attitudes & Images is the bomb! Give her a call and tell her that Tiffiny, her "gym friend" sent you.




4) I love finding my kids in the strangest of places. Like in the fruit bowl for instance.....





5) I love my bright kitchen. I was afraid that putting this coral color on this one wall would look a bit juvenile but I did it anyway. Hey, if you're going to paint your wall then paint your wall!! I love bold colors. And I love how cheery & happy my kitchen is when it's nice & clean. And I also love that I was able to find my Kitchen-Aid in such a fun color. This is quite possibly one of my favorite rooms to buy accessories for.



6) I love my husband's comment when he walked into the office just now:


"What are you doing? You can't do 2 blog posts in one day!"


And I love that I could comment with:


"Yes I can. It's my birthday."


And I loved that he agreed.


So just 2 more days of Love Week left. Tomorrow is the day that I'm looking forward to the most. It might be a long one but don't be surprised if you find yourself as one of the things I love.

3 comments:

Stefani said...

OH MAN TIFF!! That hair is outstanding!!!!! Wow! Look out! Someone is FABULOUS! I was just thinking the same thing about my hair, how can I duplicate what my stylist did - although it's just not as cute as yours!

Annette said...

I love the picture of Reef in the bowl! I love your hair! I love sleeping in too, and I love that you spontaneously let your kids stay home on your birthday. Love, Love, Love...I love reading your blog on Love week!

Eric Ellis said...

I love the hair, it's so cute! I think the dark looks great with your skin!
Lyd