Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nativity Creativity

I've busted Reef several times for setting aside the figures of this set and using the backdrop as his own personal Hot Wheels garage & tunnel. And I have to hand it to him; he hasn't done it lately. But now the figures get re-arranged on an almost daily basis. I never catch him in the act. 3 year olds are too smart for that. But I cracked up when I saw his newest rendition.









Apparently everyone is lining up to see Baby Jesus.... starting with the animals. I'm assuming that the oxen were first and are now leaving since their rear-ends are pointing directly at the Boy Child's head. Next come the sheep followed closely by their ever-diligent shepherd. Mary and a wise man are tied for fourth while the next 2 wise men queue up nicely in a calm and orderly fashion. And humble Joseph brings up the rear.






I only noticed this new display when Reef requested that I get the play Nativity set for him. (Thus named because it's the only nativity that I actually ALLOW him to play with.) So I set it on the table unaware of the new visitors who would arrive on the Bethlehem scene.






Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can.

Spins a web, any size, catches thieves just like flies.

LOOK OUT... here comes the Spiderman!!!!!!!












5 comments:

Stefani said...

Bahahahahaha! (That's all I have to say.)

Annette said...

I love finding things like this and laughing about it, imagining what my kids were thinking. I love their imaginations. And we are commanded to be as little children, right...so now we know, no nativity is complete without a superhero taking out the bad guys.

Lydia said...

Yeah, you know, if Spiderman and The Green Lantern had stuck around, maybe they wouldn't have had to flee to Egypt!

Too cute! That really brings back memories for me...my kids don't even notice our nativity scene anymore...:(

BrookeandSpence said...

Reef is the funniest kid. I can't wait to give him a big fat hug at Christmas. Stone is really into the two snowglobes I have. He cries when the music stops. It's pretty cute. Love ya.

JasonDebbie said...

Hey Tiff this is Debbie Quigg Brooke's friend. I saw your blog on Brookes! Its good to be a blog stalker,you can find tons of people! :) I'll be home the weekend after xmas hopefully I'll see you guys over at the house.