Tuesday, March 10, 2009

If I were Irish.....

I'm not Irish. I don't drink beer...or any alcohol for that matter (Nyquil doesn't count). St. Patrick's Day is just a square on the calendar that would pass by unnoticed if I didn't feel an obligation to get into the spirit of it and dress my household in green. Green is NOT my color. But for one day? I can handle it. I've even been known to turn the milk green and make green eggs for breakfast.

But if I was Irish... I would be sending my loved ones a St. Patty's Day card that says the following.

Our Lager
Which art in barrels
Hallowed be thy drink
Thy kegdom come
I fill thee mug
At home, as in the tavern
Give us this day, Our foamy head
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill upon us
And lead us not into inebriation
But deliver us from hangovers.
Barmen


I saw this on a card at the car wash and thought it was too witty & clever not to share it with you. So, Happy St. Patrick's Day.... no matter how you celebrate it!!

1 comment:

Stefani said...

Bahahahaha! I love it!!