Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 1st. 2009!!!

(Can anyone tell me why my pics are nice and neat while creating my post but never line up correctly upon publishing?)



Sing to the tune of The Beverly Hillbillies:



"This is what we did on the first day of the year.
We scrounged thru the garage 'til everybody had some gear.
Gettin' dirty's what we wanna do, for sure
So we loaded up the truck and drove to Hollister.
Hills that is.
Greasy tools. Dirtbike scars.




The Hollister Hillbillies!!!






(Now wasn't that fun?) So I took 134 pictures of our fun day up in the dirt. No worries. I'm not posting them all. Just a few of my favorites. BTW- above picture is NOT a favorite. I just thought it was a good "hillbilly" picture. And that's not me, either. It's just an innocent victim of my trigger happy shutter finger.





Can you see the determination in this kid? You know what else I see? Future broken bones. But I won't worry too much about those as long as Cal-Star is still around.

Cal-Star is the helicopter company that will come up to Hollister Hills and fly you out of there in the case of broken bones, spinal injuries, etc. We entered a race that was a fundraiser for their Cal-Kids program. They brought a chopper in

and let the kids climb inside. It's not unusual for them to fly up to the Hills 5 times in a Saturday to pick someone up. Mostly for broken legs. Let's just hope this is the only time these kids have to see the inside of one of these. Unless they're a Cal-Star employee someday. That would be cool.
















Another great hillbilly picture.























Back to the tune....

"Well now it's time to say good-bye to me and all my kin.
I'd really like to thank you folk for kindly droppin' in.
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of my hospitality.
'Blogspitality' that is. Set a spell. Take yer shoes off.
Ya'll come back now, y'hear?"

2 comments:

Annette said...

Now I'm gonna be singin' that there hillbilly tune in my sleep ternight. Yer somethin' else Tiff! I love it. And yes, I will not rest until I know the identity of Brother X too. You guys are awesome!

Lydia said...

Aw, now I'm homesick again. We've been having nonstop rain. Yuck. And Papa John's wouldn't deliver my pizza, either. Boo hoo. Thanks for cheering me up as usual with all your sunshine and smiling faces!