Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Husband Tag


Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sitting here clacking away on my keyboard while the lovely scent of candied yams wafts into the office. Love It! So I'm assuming that by reading Stef's husband tag that her invite at the end means that I can do this, too. (I don't know... I'm a new blogger. Am I supposed to wait for an "official" tag? Is it like Tag Football or am I supposed to follow some rule like in chain letters. Is there a special code word that I need to know that indicates that it's my turn to play? Does a sly wink or nod from the original tagger give the "go-ahead" similiar to that of the Italian Mafia?) If I'm doing this wrong then let me know. And if you're totally repulsed by my lack of blogging etiquette then I invite you to stop reading. I won't be offended. Then again, I wouldn't even know one way or another, would I?


But I'm going to error on the side of self-indulgence and do the husband tag. This will be my Thanksgiving Gift to him. To let this man that I've built my world around know how grateful I am for the life that I enjoy.




1. Where did you meet? We officially met at the Bountiful Ward (in Almaden area of San Jose just like the Meyers!). Although we had a previous meeting that some of you know about... but that's a different story.


2. How long did you date before you got married? We dated 5 months and were engaged for 5 months.


3. How long have you been married? 11 years, 2 months, and 1 day. And still honeymooning!!


4. What is your favorite feature of his? His hands that remind me of my grandpa's. His piercing blue eyes. And when we were dating I loved driving in the car and staring at the shape of his jaw.

5. What is your favorite quality of his? His sense of humor. He's hilarious and he's helped me learn to laugh at myself.


6. Does he have a nick-name for you? Yes several. (Some I can't mention publicly... it would embarass you too much. ) "Baby Cracker", "_ _ _, Sugar, Candy", and when he's calling me from another room he ALWAYS says "Tiff-in-y-hay-ha".


7. What is his favorite color? OK, I have a problem with this questions. Favorite color of WHAT? Lingerie? Skittles? Sports Cars? But, for the sake of generalities: Blue


8. What is his favorite food? Sandwhiches (did I luck out or what?) But he isn't picky. He likes pretty much anything.


9. What is his favorite sport? Surfing, hands down. But he also likes to wakebaord, dirtbike and as of late... golf.


10. When was your first kiss? 2 weeks after dating. We would see eachother every single day and he would take baby steps to any kind of affection. I finally got a hug goodbye, which led to holding hands while watching a movie, which led to cuddling, which led to the final first kiss... which was well worth the wait.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Laugh. It doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing. We have fun doing anything as long as there's humor and laughter. (Which runs a plenty in our household.)


12. Do you have children? Yes. 3. And a dog that used to be like a child until the real children came along. And 2 bunnies that we kind of forget about sometimes.


13. Does he have a hidden talent? He's never really liked to dance but he does this sideways moonwalk type thing that is really cool and I request he do it at least once a week.


14. How old is he? 33


15. Who said "I love you" first? He did. But I responded with a very quick "I Love You, too."


16. What is his favorite type of Music? Alternative, reggae, classic rock..... anything (except Mariachi music probably)


17. What do you admire most about him? His dedication to our family. His patience with our kids.

18. Will he read this? Yes. He likes reading my posts.
So anyone who has read this and has the desire to showcase your husband.... tag on! BTW.. did anyone else notice in the title of this post that Happy Thanksgiving and Husband Tag start with the same first letters? (I know... I'm weird. I see things in patterns sometimes!)

No comments: