Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Start

So I've been a horrible blogger. A pathetic documenter. And a forgetful photographer "picture taker". I actually started a blog post last week where I was awarding myself with the title of "2011 Slacker of The Year" and proving my slacker status by posting pictures of the year's events that have gone un-blogged. My pictures were taking too long to upload and in the end I think it would have been a long post with no real continuity or rythm, if you will. I've decided that I'm going to start the new year off without stressing over my failed blogging habits. I'm no longer going to stress about things being in chronological order or be disappointed in myself if I don't blog each and every day because, let's face it... that's just not realistic (for me).
We recently had friends over for New Year's Eve. It was a fun night full of games, food, fireworks, and sparkling cider. Plenty of opportunity for great pictures but not one was taken. The next day we hosted more friends for individual, homemade pizzas and a family sleepover. I thought about capturing my kitchen table, dusted white with flour and cute bowls filled with toppings; the kids rolling out their dough and the beautiful masterpieces that came out of the oven. But instead I enjoyed the moment and decided to forgo the picture taking. I'm allowing myself to just go with the flow, take the pictures when I want, blog when I want in any order that I want and I think by so doing the posts will come more often if I just let it come naturally. I'll let it come on a whim instead of forcing it just for the sake of documenting it.
So in the posts to come it'll be current events mixed with previous happenings. Or just one or the other. But I look forward to it being without that old monkey on my back named "guilt".
I know a nomination for Blogger of the Year or any such award will never come my way but at least I won't be in a one-woman, self-imposed candidacy for the Slacker Award anymore. This is a guilt-free zone now. Hallelujah and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Yay! Happy New Year and I love your guilt free resolution! I hope I've never made you feel guilty over not blogging. I just love the rhythm of your posts ;) You are a GREAT writer and you ALWAYS inspire me! I have the opposite guilt...I feel guilty when I am blogging when the family is home. You are so good to choose best and enjoy the moments.

Awesome perfume post too! I agree with the best place to be is nuzzled in your man's neck! I bought Loren some Ralph Lauren Blue deodorant and aftershave after smelling it in a magazine this Christmas. I like it a lot!

Brooke said...

i think it's the babies!! let's blame them. AND enjoy them.