Monday, August 20, 2012

Back 2 School 2012


And they're off!!!



There goes Mercedes, sprinting out of the blocks.  Her comment to me?  "I can't wait for 8th grade to be over because then I can go to High School!"  Slow down, baby birl.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I have a teenager!!  She loves her classes and teachers and said she couldn't have picked them better herself.  And I'm so grateful that she has a church friend in one of her classes.  It sounds like there's going to be some church history discussed and I'm sure it's going to be very skewed.  *crossing fingers*


I also can't believe that Beau is in 5th grade.  We hung around outside his classroom this morning waiting for Ms. Teacher to open the door.  When it was time to say goodbye I asked if it would be embarassing for him to hug me before I left.  He quietly said no but gave me the quickest half-hug I think I've ever had.  That's okay.  I'll take what I can get.  He's more than generous with those hugs at home.


This will be an interesting year for Reef.  He had the same teacher for Kindergarten and 1st Grade so 2nd Grade will be a brand new experience for us.  He was all excitement and smiles this morning when he woke up at 6:30am ready for the first day of school.  I hope he starts every day with that same positive attitude.  (But maybe just not so early in the morning!)


   
Here's looking forward to a great 2012-2013 school year!!!

 




5 comments:

Annette said...

I love your pictures! Those faces are too cute! I loved having Bradley and Mercedes in the scout with me on the way to Subway yesterday, listening to their excitement for teachers and classes and having history together!! Whoot Whoot!!! So happy about that! Corey was the opposite of Beau at school, had his arms around me for the longest time while we both stood in his line. Kinda made me sad that he didn't have a group of friends that he was chummy with. I hope he doesn't get teased...

Stefani said...

Wow! Great photos! Your kids are so adorable. Is Cruz wondering what happened to everyone?

marie said...

We've been in school a week and a half and so far it's all good. I do notice Emry wants to put some effort into her hair this year, hmmmmm. We love you, study hard kiddos.

Kari said...

They look so grown up. I'm beginning to see why people (older and wiser ones) say to enjoy these years because they fly by so fast. Didn't it seem like they were just going to Kindergarten and now high school is on the horizon!? Brings tears to my eyes! Have fun with your one little guy left at home!

Whitters said...

You definitely have some very cute kids sis!!! I am so lucky to be their Auntie. Love you guys. Glad to see you are still blogging I enjoy reading them :-)